Thursday, July 22, 2010

VENTURE TO TAIPEI

Red bridge that caught my eye.

Lush greens (a.k.a Landscape) in Taiwan

Rest stop madness...SQUARE lightposts...I think I am IN LOVE.

Another rest stop pleasure. SQUARE blocks...with water. (I seriously LOVE squares and patterns).

MOUNTAINS...of joy.


Taipei City. Glorious.

Taipei Zoo...from afar.

Residents of Taipei...they live ON the mountain. Splendid.

Downtown Taipei..I like the overpass walk ways.

Taipei Temple

Temple grounds

Please. Stop. Now.

This is for the fans.

The Last Supper...with brilliant artists (musicians) from the 70's....

The Last Supper, continued... Asian style, of course...

I am VERY proud of this photograph. Taipei 101

Devin...with Coca-Cola. Want some Asian beverage?

Mmmm...I'll have that....WAIT, WHAT IS THAT??

Ah, Yes. I'll invest in this...

Although this is just a street in Taipei, I had to capture its' beauty.


And, then there's me. With Taipei goodness yonder.

Taipei 101. sheer beauty. Architecturally, it's astounding.


An affair to remember.

Nothing says FUN like a little down time, eh?

Scooter ride!!! Me and my friend Yvonne.

Another shot of the scooter rendevous.

Taichung, Taiwan

Scooters are a big deal.

Chinese characters...yes, on the road. Delightful?

The tunnel of death.

Remember the bridge from above? It lights up...

The beauty is.

The bridge before the tunnel. The view of Feng Yuan is, again, stunning.

View from the bridge. I just missed the sunset...moo...

Enter. If. You. Dare.

THE TUNNEL. It's probably about 1 mile long.

Pebbles of sorts. Magical.


Whimsical tree. Love begins.



3 comments:

  1. Awesome pictures. I was going to come to mom and dad's house last time you called, but then you ended up calling a little earlier, so I will try to be over at their house tomorrow when you call. I love seeing all the scenery from your pictures. I also like seeing all the people you are with. I thought the Last Supper picture with musicians in it was fun and cool. Do they love those musicians? Is Roxy Kitchen a place to eat?
    The tunnel looked kind of small, like it would be a tight fir for a couple of cars to pass each other, is it? we all liked the pictures of you on the back of a scooter - yay!
    I turned on the music that you have on here. Logan thought that the song by Sia was you singing. When I said that it wasn't, he asked how good you sing - I thought it was funny.
    So what kind of ice cream is Tie Guan Yin?
    We went to Park city on Tuesday and stayed overnight - a little mini vacation with the kiddies. We went to Bingham Canyon copper mine and we went on the Heber Creeper and we went to Toy Story 3, along with the usual swim in the hotel pool. We had fun. I think it would qualify as a Matzeltov couple of days.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What glorious photos, Libby!!! You are turning into quite the photographer! (And writer!) I really enjoyed all the photos and narrative. You've done a great job!! Glad you seem to be doing great! Can't wait to talk to you tonight at 7 pm. Some can't make it, though, MOO. Cole is going to the Shakespearean Festival and Emily is going on a pre-planned bike ride with Trevor's family, but will try very hard to be here. You are awesome, little one!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE the pics yibby! Sooo cute.. and fun.. and lovely... I love the square stoplights! So artsy and modern :) Love it. I can't wait to see Taipei..it looks like a sheer delight! I hope ye having a fun fun time and I see you soon... literally... "Oy a Mecheieh!" Thought I'd throw some jewish in there for your Matzeltov blog :) It basically means what a relief.. Yay!

    ReplyDelete