Sunday, August 11, 2013

WHERE THE WILD THINGS ARE

It's no real big secret that I love vacations, I love getaways, I just love experiencing new areas, culture and life. We are one of those families that don't have the boat, or the cabin or the timeshare... so naturally, that's sad. 
Buuuut, then I reminded myself, we can still enjoy life! 
And enjoy life we did. (**surprise**) 
It's a miracle. First Family Trip since our family has grown into smaller other families.
We (as in my whole family, siblings, in-laws and chillins included) 
went away for the weekend, on a small getaway to Buuuur Lake (BEAR LAKE).

We rented a fantastically furnished condo home that overlooked the lake. 
It was high on the mountains, away from the razzle-me-dazzle crowds
(considering it was indeed the famous and deliciously fancied Raspberry Days).



Waking up to such beauty is always a good sign:



I will only say this  and then I will stop narrating:
VACATIONS ARE NATURE'S WAY OF SAYING
"Hey, slow down, enjoy life and breathe the fresh air around you.
Oh, and definitely go jet skiing and indulge in some fresh raspberry shake goodness!"


At our condo, overlooking the lake



(stocked to a musician's liking!)

(morning hair.. oh Harps)







(Quick 'N Tasty!)



Yes. Raspberries infused with the creaminess of ice cream.


Hot tubbin' it up.

 ...just look at 'em. 
I am taking these "littles" jet skiing!



WATER!









Haha, my Dad, riding a jet ski for the FIRST time.






Yes, it's Yellow, and a beacon of light :)

Radiating Happiness.


BEACH TIME. 
We totally SCORED on this beach. It had tons of sandy beaches
(not the rocks that Bear Lake is infamous for) and it wasn't crowded.
Oh, and it was FREE.




Aaaand, what's a beach scene without the comforts of life?



Awe :)













As a side note, and a note that I am particularly ecstatic about is this:
This trip went SO WELL, we are planning on making this
an annual trip! Hallelujah! 

1 comment:

  1. Yay for annual family vacations! Thanks for planning such a wonderful week end, Libby~~ I loved it and look forward to it next year! Love you! :)

    ReplyDelete