Sunday, August 11, 2013

CELEBRATE WHAT'S RIGHT WITH THE WORLD

So, it's official... SUMMER HAS STARTED.
I am out of school for about 3 weeks, and I can finally bask in the sunlight and 
partake of all the goodness of summer. 

I will say that my last day of school was truly a delight. We had fun presentations and there was much laughter and delicious goodies. We also watched a short film
 about a man who chose to live his life
Celebrating what's right with the world. 
I dedicate this post to his enthusiasm and positive attitude. It's important to relish in the good and focus on bettering ourselves and learning to look on the bright side of things.
(Leaps of joy.. with a sunrise... in Taiwan)

Over the course of a few months, my mind and soul have taken great delight in the art of "baking." I know, shocker, right? My eyes are often found scouring the pages of cookbooks (as well as Pinterest), and I must bake. It's a release, a way to calm my nerves as well as a way to stop my mind from freaking out. Let me show you some of my latest concoctions (and tasty tasties). 

A coworker of mine asks me to make my sugar cookies quite frequently... 
and with her son turning 8 years old, she requested I pair my love of baking, 
and her love of my sugar cookies and combine them to create 
CTR cookies for her son's baptism! 
(This was such a fun project! I had a splendid time.. and  yes, they were delightful)





I love holidays. 
I am one of "those people" who go all out just for the sake of going all out.
Who doesn't love a nice touch of red, a splash of blue, and a hint of white? 
In honor of  Independence Day and Pioneer Day, I thought it quite appropriate to
 dig in and create a masterpiece. A patriotic masterpiece.







Now that the treats have been inhaled and devoured, it's time to 
focus on a more serious subject. 
Breast Cancer. Support the cause
and get your mammograms early, ladies
For the love of humanity, do it.
Just do it.


And after you take care of this appointment, 
sit back, kick up your feet and party away! 
It was such a treasure to have a work party; to enjoy 
some fun time together and enjoy the summer night.
(Thanks for everyone's efforts to make this happen!)




After partying, it's probably appropriate to introduce my
NEW HAIR (**surprise**)
It's a faded ombre look, if you couldn't tell. 
I saw Drew Barrymore's hair and I thought to myself
Hmmm, I think I'll have that. So I did.. and now I have it. I love it. 

Aaaand, my cute little niece turned 8!
You know what that means, right? 
 My talented mama sewed an adorable baptism dress for her.
She is growing up and becoming quite the lil lady! 
I am so proud of her!

I have a wonderful family, who supports me in all that I do. 
I love each of them very much! 
I am so grateful that I am growing and becoming such a better person everyday, because
of awesome people I associate with. Thank you to each of you for your examples.
You are a sheer treasure. 
When feeling low, overwhelmed, disheartened or crazy, STOP and take a moment to recognize
WHAT'S RIGHT WITH THE WORLD.

1 comment:

  1. You're one of the things that's RIGHT WITH THE WORLD!! Love you, and love your post!

    ReplyDelete