Wednesday, March 2, 2011

LAST TREASURES OF TAIWAN (PART 1)

我的心属于台湾 My heart belongs to Taiwan. After many scooter gallivants, whirlwinds of adventures and travels, mustaches, chillins, videos documenting T.I.C., bakies and cookeries, pranks, tokens, murder in the dark, late night gig fests, recorders, creeping and freaking, meow lullabies and many, MANY stairs, I am home, back in the States. Although excited to be home, my heart truly still resides in Taiwan. I fell in love with the small island of Taiwan, its' residents and my dear beloveds: THE 4TH FLOOR OF AMAZING TEACHERS, whom I miss DEARLY. Although very difficult for me to say goodbye to this humble island and experience of a lifetime, I will never forget the memories, good times and fellow friends. After the semester ended, we teachers had a storm of travels to embark in. The day after Christmas, we traveled to GREEN ISLAND, which is a small island off of Taiwan. It was definitely a Matzeltov Moment. We stayed for 2 1/2 days...and it was BLISS.
Representing Taiwan, as best I can. Actually I am trying to calm my nerves before the treacherous boat ride that was headed to Green Island. The boat ride is known to make even the strongest stomach's feel regret...

Ferry ride! So far, so good. No prompts of wanting to throw up quite yet...


We made it GREEN ISLAND! We rented scooters, and the island is so small that on scooter, we could ride around the entire island in about 45 minutes. It was a Christmas vacation for the books!








Sleeping Beauty rock (laying down horizontally on the right side)











We went to this prison, that housed many of the P.O.W that didn't agree with the government of Taiwan at the time. Although educational, I kind of felt a little creepy being there. It was deserted and it definitely had a freaky feeling. 

Prison tower



Luxurious Lighthouse

The Orange House~ YUM!

We stayed at a SUPER NICE hostel. Totally modern, and chic. Green walls, orange ceilings, fluffy pillows, modern looking couches and decor...hot stuff.


We found this cement wall in the MIDDLE OF A GIANT FIELD. It was severely a double Matzeltov Moment, thus, it had to be documented.




Little Great Wall.
We found this quiet spot early in the dawn of morning. Green Island's SUNRISES are kind of a big deal, so we heard. 











Goodbye Green Island. You will be missed..
.

Click on "older posts" below 
to keep reading about my adventures in
TAIWAN

2 comments:

  1. All these pics are great! I especially liked the green rock picture.. love it. I also love all the great pictures you have of the sun behind you... pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a NICE documentary of your trip to Green Island. The narrative in the beginning made me get tears in my eyes--just a beautifully shared sentiment! Good job, Libby!!

    ReplyDelete