Wednesday, March 2, 2011

ALTHOUGH BELATED, CHRISTMAS IN TAIWAN

Christmas day was the last day of teaching-such a fun filled day. We had a Christmas program for the students, in which the teachers sported delightful costumes ranging from Santa Claus himself, to elves, a Christmas tree and a lifesize snowman, which happened to be my part.  Here are some moments captured by our delicious CHRISTMAS PROGRAM below:

 It's a Christmas miracle....

Christmas program and DANCE. Disco ball, and all. It was awesome!
Truly a Christmas worth remembering! The school went ALL OUT on decorations, I have NEVER attended such a gala!

My dear beloveds. Charlene and Fenny setting up the goodies for the party!

Dancing with my students, Sam & Benson.


Me and Erin in our deliciously awesome Christmas outfits! 
Let me tell ya, being the snowman for the day was quite exhausting...

Celebrating Christmas with my students: Keith, Thomas,Amy & Carol

THE CHRISTMAS PROGRAM 
(look how adorable the chillins look in their Santa hats!)

Snowman and Reindeer, celebrating together.
Me and Katrina, my Kindergarten student. Adorable!


Christmas brings MANY surprises, like crazy costumes: including one of my favorite students, Kendra, who is dressed in a bunny rabbit costume. 
I MISS TAIWAN!!


Sporting costumes with G-man and Frances (directors of Berhan).


My beloved deary, Lien. MISS YOU!!


Getting ninja-riffic with Erin, my other stuffed costume friend.
I guess you can say, we lucked out getting the padded costumes!


This little girl, Lori, is seriously my favorite! And yes, she came adorned in a princess costume, because I guess Christmas means princesses, too. 

My dearest Amy. We went caroling through Stinky Tofu Alley. The response from the crowd was unbelievable! I couldn't help from laughing, it was such a chaotic, delightful moment, words can't sum up.

We went caroling to all of the little Kindergarten students.It was such a great experience to see the chillins react to Santa Claus...since Christmas isn't really celebrated in Taiwan, most families and children didn't really know how to act when Santa Claus graced them with his presence. It usually resulted in tears and screams from the chillins...AWESOME!

Chalkboard of Events. Hanukkah, of course had to be celebrated!

Our homeade Christmas tree, courtesy of Kristi's mom! Yay!

What better way to celebrate Christmas than with my beloved friends?! We decided to do a Christmas present exchange with everyone in the lounge of luxury!


1 comment:

  1. I want to hear ALL about your experience! We NEED to catch up!!!! I miss you woman!
    Your hair is getting so long-geez. Its cute.

    ReplyDelete