Saturday, July 31, 2010

TAICHUNG, TAIWAN

Adventures finest. Me and the ladies at the Fengyuan train station, heading to Taichung.
(L-R) Whitney, Kristi, Katy, Meg, Me, Laura and Erin

Epic shot. Thanks, Laura.

Markets...everywhere, selling whole hosts of madness.

The Modern Toilet Restaurant...VERY good.

Asians, by nature, are curious about bodily functions...hence, this restaurant imitating all sorts of bathroom talk, paraphinilia, wall hangings, and even serving dishes.

Take a seat. Or, rather, take a toilet. At this lovely restaurant, you sit on toilets.

The bigger picture.

My meal came in a bathtub...


As for dessert (which consisted of shaved ice and some other mysteries), it came in the infamous Asian "squatter" (a.k.a. toilet).


A little formal picture couldn't hurt, eh?


I am in love with this mural. I'd like to purchase it promptly.
(you might notice some "bathroom talk" behind me..)


I think this belongs to Michael Jackson.


It felt so appropriate.

This restaurant was stunningly fascinating! So much to see and experience... It probably has been the nicest restaurant I have been in Taiwan. The food was good, the decor was remarkably captivating and innovative. I'll come again. Don't you worry.



I love yellow. And sunglasses. And Taiwan. The end.

Fromlove New World Park. Now, this was an experience.

Me and Erin getting ready to water zorb...

Inside the GIANT plastic ball...

Getting pulled in, after a vigorous rat race...no pun intended.

Success.

Katy in the rounder, clearer ball. One man show.

Fromlove New Park glories. I love architecture.

Another rock pebble delight. I = addicted.


Architecture of delight.

Hmmm..I'd like to take this and put it in my pocket.

This is going in my backyard. Consider it a new type of jungle gym.


This park brings me joy. A numerous amount of joy.

This bridge was designed to have a bumpy journey. Up and down you go.

A shot of the bumpy journey.

And now, and ode to the trees.
Tree #1

Everybody fancies an umbrella tree..

And you can't forget the mushroom tree.


Lastly, the tree that dances like children of the night.

Portrait style
Whitney, Laura, Meg, Kristi, Katy and Erin

Laura, Me, Meg, Kristi, Katy and Erin

Castle looking school...notice the architectural influences...(Russia, Spain, England)

I'd love a HAMBURG. 
(Keane, anyone??)

A privately owned school endorsed by Michael, Jermaine, Tido and brothers??
Awkward. I wonder what kind of "English" they teach there...


6 comments:

  1. Looks like a FUN excursion!!! Love your narrative, not to mention your pics!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love those water park cylinders. And, I can see they really do have an awful lot of fun architecture. And, love the 'portrait" shot!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So, first of all, the toilet restaurant...what the? It did look cute, just unexpected. The giant water balls look really fun. I thought the "Jackson 5" school was hilarious. Great pictures Libby! Yay!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh that looks so much FUN!!! I like being able to see all your adventures. I loved the restaurant..only in Taiwan right?!? :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. The water zorb thing looks so fun! I bet it was a great adventure. Oh man, remember seeing pictures in like an email about the Modern Toiletry? Ye--ah! That's sweet you got to actually go there.. maybe we go..? Is it good? and P.S.. love the sweet looking trees! Looks like you been having some fun eh?! Also, I like your new background.. very asian influenced.. Nice!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have to tell you how hard this statement made me laugh "Asians, by nature, are curious about bodily functions". I can't tell you how often Sang's brother has tried to have a conversation with us about how it is healthier to squat when you poo vs sitting on the toilet. He even told us that he has his poo slippers that he uses to squat on his toilet. He has facts after facts about why and how it is healthier. every so often he will ask if we have started squating yet. Aww Asian families, isn't it about time!

    ReplyDelete