Sunday, June 13, 2010

13 DAYS AND COUNTING...

So, I am pretty sure this is the VERY FIRST photo (of many to come, that is) where I will be pulling off the "oh-so-famous-asian persuasion-peace-signs." I will be venturing off to Taiwan 13 days from now, so I had better practice, practice, practice! Thank you, thank you, Debbie, Kathy and Rosa for instituting a lovely 80's/Asian Persuasion extravaganza the other night! I hope the Taiwanese people know what they are in for! As Dr. Martenson put it, "I daresay the Taiwanese people will meet a stranger person than yourself." To sum up, watch out Taiwan, me and my weird ways are sure to impress. 

 My Chinese is improving! Check out my characters!! (Actually, if you are fluent in Chinese, you will know that I am, indeed, lying. I know NOTHING of Chinese characters.) I am not lying when I say that this little Mai Tai creation was delectable, and I am sure hoping Taiwan has creations like this!!


I am very excited to go to Taiwan, although I am nervous and feel overwhelmed, I know that it will be such a great learning and growing experience. I love being exposed to culture, and Taiwan is full of traditions and culture I can't wait to be a part of. Stay tuned for updates of my adventure and cultural experiences.

4 comments:

  1. You will be loved in Taiwan! And you will be missed here.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What up, Lib? It's J-dawg! Lovin' yer blog, you're the cutest!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE YOUR BLOG!!! I can NOT wait to see all your awesome pictures. I LOVE Asian cultures. I hope to visit every Asian country. I'm so jealous. We are all going to miss you. OH yeah, and make sure before you go you watch Bill Cosby Himself. Knee slapping funny.

    ReplyDelete
  4. mmm.. that drink looks yummy!

    ReplyDelete