Saturday, September 25, 2010

CELEBRATING MOON FESTIVAL

We, as beloved teachers went to Kenting (southern Taiwan) over Moon Festival for 2 days!! It was such a fun trip. Southern Taiwan is gorgeous, filled with beaches, beautiful mountains, coastlines, and fun tourist markets, which were very westernized. We took the local train to Xinwuri where we then took the High Speed Rail. From there, we went to Kaoshiung (2 hour trip). When we arrived in Kaoshiung, we had hired a taxi service to drive us to Kenting. It was a lot of fun! We rented scooters and drove up and down the coast, relishing in the beautiful salty sea air, the sound of the waves and we stopped to look at the sunset and sunrise!! Definitely and eventful rendezvous.


Here we all are, getting ready to leave ~




In our hired help, a fully loaded taxi bus taking us to our destination: KENTING!


Approaching Kaoshiung... almost there~


South China Sea




Check out this crazy lightning action, caught on camera of course~



Wahoo~ Some westernized Mexican...with a touch of Chinese 5-spice (in my opinion, one of the most disgusting spices to ever grace this world)





Kenting, at sunrise. We woke up at 4:30 and drove our scooters across the coast, in time to see the sunrise!! It was SO enchanting. For those of you who know I
 love Pride & Prejudice, it was a scene from the movie. Hot.



Our scootering travels took us to:
 Southern tip of Taiwan...

Frolicking on the reef in Kenting. Behind me? Yes, it's the South China Sea. Wahoo!


Southern tip of Taiwan, landmark.

Beach in Kenting
Talk about PERFECT weather...I came back a little red,
but now it's a lush tan! 

And then there were 10 foreigners taking over the beach in Kenting.
Devin, Erin, me, Laura, Meg, Whitney, Kristi, Lien, Katy & Allison


Cosmic action on the beach

.

Surf shop American burger. A cute little Canadian man runs this restaurant.
He has lived in Taiwan for 11 years, and he has been surfing and making fun westernized food in Kenting, Taiwan. It was such a fun little restaurant. He made the BEST mango pineapple smoothies!!! 

We went to the National Museum of Marine Biology & Aquarium...this LARGE fish is known as the whale shark. It was ginormous! Seriously this aquarium was HUGE. It had so many different fish, and it had tunnels where you could walk as you looked up and saw all these fish swimming above and around you...it was awesome. The architecture was amazing. I pet a sea cucumber and held a starfish and poked a hermit crab. 

The cool metal squid and fish structure outside the aquarium.

Sunrise in Kenting...all of us at the break 'o dawn... is this legal??


3 comments:

  1. This looks like it was a fabulous trip! Great shots, and Good job on your commentary, as usual!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. SO I know I have never met you but well I read all about your adventures in my sisters (Erin) blog. I think you should move to Seattle area with Erin instead of convincing her to move to Utah. =)
    Jamie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Libby! You are so much cooler than me! I found your blog and it made me smile. I think you are so wonderful. I want to be just like you, keep in touch, maybe then I can live vicariously through you...
    Love- Lindsey Hall Fox
    afoxtale@blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete